Instructor-Led Trainings - Principles of Occupational Safety & Health
Course Description –
This four (4) day course is a great introduction for anyone new to safety. An experienced safety professional will gain important knowledge update about safety management and compliance. This course covers 19 key topics that provide a solid understanding of fundamentals of workplace safety and health and OSHA compliance areas.
Goals/Key Objectives –
Thru this course, we will provide participants with knowledge and skills on:
- How to examine prior incidents to help avoid future mistakes and maximize the effectiveness of your safety initiatives
- Strategies for preventing workplace injuries
- Record-keeping to meet OSHA requirements
- Best practices for developing an emergency action plan
- How to plan and conduct effective safety inspections
- The impact of industrial hygiene and HazCom standards on your safety plan
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for safety and health managers, coordinators, specialists and other full-time safety professionals. In addition, safety committee members, operations managers, loss control managers, human resources managers and anyone else with safety and health responsibilities can benefit from this course.
A Participant Guide containing reference materials, self-assessments, and checklists is provided for each attendee. Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a course completion certificate. Each student will also earn 2.6 CEU’s from the Florida Chamber Safety Council. Completion of POSH qualifies the participant to pursue the NSC Advance Safety Certificate, a nationally recognized safety program that sharpens safety and leadership skills so one can drive fundamental safety change throughout their organization.