Hurricane Resources for Floridians
The official Florida hurricane season runs from June 1 to November 30. Peak hurricane season runs from August through October, and historically most storm activity occurs during these months. Being prepared is essential for you and your employees. We have included key tools and resources for hurricane preparedness.
- Florida Division of Emergency Management – to learn more about getting organized and creating an emergency contact list in preparation for a hurricane, click here.
- Florida Department of Environmental Protection – For Information about DEP and environmental issues commonly encountered after a hurricane, click here.
- Division of Florida Emergency Management Tool Planning Kit: For a Disaster Planning Tool Kit, click here.
- Red Cross Hurricane Preparedness – Learn more about keeping your home and family safe during a hurricane or typhoon here.
- Essential Guide to Hurricane Preparedness – This website provides an overview and forecast of active hurricanes and a hurricane preparedness kit here.
- State Assistance Information Line – The State Assistance Information Line (SAIL) is a toll-free hotline activated at the time of an emergency to provide an additional resource for those in Florida to receive accurate and up-to-date information regarding an emergency or disaster situation impacting Florida, please call (800) 342-3557.
- FDOT Toll Suspension Information – For more information about toll closures due to the hurricane, please click here.
- Florida Disaster – If you would like to receive emergency alerts and other public safety notifications, please sign up here.
- Local Shelter Information by county – For information about open Shelters, please click here.
- Who should I call for help in an emergency during a hurricane? Read this article from the Palm Beach Coast that has an extensive listing here.
- Fisher Phillips – Find a Comprehensive FAQ for Employers on Hurricanes and Other Workplace Disasters here.