Instructor-Led Trainings - Job Safety Analysis
Course Description –
Workplace hazards are a major threat to many of today’s organizations. Job Safety Analysis is a proven process for controlling operating hazards and costs. The result of having a Job Safety Analysis process is better procedures that make the workplace safer. This means improved productivity and higher profits! This one-day course covers the process for hazard identification and control. Through lectures, demonstrations, and workshops, the participant will learn how to develop and manage a JSA program at their workplace. They will also learn how to enlist the participation from line employees, supervisors, and upper management to help reduce personal injuries and build a hazard-free environment.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a course completion certificate. Each student will also earn .65 CEU’s from the Florida Chamber Safety Council.
Goals/Key Objectives –
Thru this course will provide participants with knowledge and skills on:
- Recognize and use important safety and health terminology
- Understand Job Safety Analysis’s relation to continuous improvements
- Identify and communicate the safety and financial benefits of using Job Safety Analysis
- Gain support and participation in the process from all employees
- Recognize the hazards inherent in task controls
- Develop appropriate solutions and hazard controls
- Correctly and accurately complete a Job Safety Analysis
- Use Job Safety Analysis to develop efficient procedures that reduce injuries and costs
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for a business owner, managers, supervisors, and/or employee with responsibility for implementing safety initiatives. This course is recommended for new and experienced safety, health, and compliance professionals, as well as human resources managers, plant managers, and safety committee members.
A Participant Guide containing reference materials, case studies, and checklists is provided for each attendee. Participants will receive a course completion certificate upon successfully completing the course and will earn .6 CEUs from the Florida Chamber Safety Council.