Instructor-Led Trainings - Incident Investigation: Root Cause Analysis
This one-day course focuses on techniques for gathering complete, accurate and objective incident data, establishing root causes, reporting findings and determining corrective action. Discussion, demonstrations and exercises cover investigation and interview techniques. Participants learn how to uncover the who, what, why, when and how of each incident, and how to analyze data to prevent injuries, property damage and financial losses.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a course completion certificate. Each student will also earn .65 CEU’s.
Thru this course will provide participants with knowledge and skills on:
- How to determine which incidents warrant investigation
- How to use effective investigation and interviewing techniques to gather complete, objective and accurate data
- How to analyzing incidents to identify root causes
- The human relations aspects of incident reporting
- What data to include in investigation reports
- Hazard control measures and follow-up
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for those responsible for conducting or supervising safety inspections. Those responsible for training industrial safety and/or health inspectors should also attend.
A Participant Guide containing reference materials, safety inspection forms, and checklists is provided for each attendee. Participants will receive a course completion certificate upon successfully completing the course and will earn .6 CEUs from the Florida Chamber Safety Council.