Public Trainings - Ergonomics: Managing for Results
Course Description –
Repetitive motion and overexertion are the biggest risk factors facing American workers today. This course will show you how to reduce the number and severity of musculoskeletal injuries in your workplace with a practical and effective ergonomics program. This one-day course, will help you take control of the #1 cause of workplace injuries and reduce cost, as well as improve employee morale. Participants will learn the strategies for creating a safety culture, how to gain employee involvement, how to measure program success, and how to use the program material in your business.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a course completion certificate. Each student will also earn .65 CEU’s from the Florida Chamber Safety Council.
Goals/Key Objectives –
Thru this course will provide participants with knowledge and skills on:
- Learn the basic concepts relating to ergonomics in the workplace
- Gain skills to recognize ergonomic risk factors related to Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Determine how to conduct an ergonomic worksite analysis, and evaluate and rank hazards
- Assess various control methods and select the method best suited to the level of risk
- Identify steps to implementing and maintaining a successful ergonomics program at your workplace
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for business owners, managers, supervisors, and/or employees who have the responsibility of implementing safety initiatives. This course is recommended for new and experienced safety, health and compliance professionals, human resources managers, plant managers, and safety committee members.
A Participant Guide containing reference materials, case studies, and checklists is provided for each attendee. Participants will receive a course completion certificate upon successfully completing the course and will earn .65 CEUs from the Florida Chamber Safety Council.