Instructor-Led Trainings - Creating a World Class Safety Culture
Course Description –
Make safety the shared value of every employee. Put safety behind every strategy, every decision, every operation, every action. This one-day course, addresses practical approaches to forming strategies for a safety culture, leading in a safety culture, gaining employee involvement through safety contact and observation, and measuring the success of safety initiatives. All of this is done in the context of continuous improvement. Participants will learn the strategies for creating a safety culture, how to gain employee involvement, how to measure program success, and how to use the program material in your business.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will receive a course completion certificate. Each student will also earn .65 CEU’s from the Florida Chamber Safety Council.
Training Goals –
Thru this course will provide participants with knowledge and skills on:
- Recognize the four requirements for creating a positive safety culture
- Recognize management’s role in leading and implementing a safety culture
- Gain employee involvement through use of a safety observation and contact
process that is focused on recognizing and reinforcing safe behaviors
- Use measurement tools to evaluate and quantify the effectiveness of your
organization’s safety culture
- Use continuous improvement to improve safety efforts
- Build a positive safety culture by using the tips, techniques, and tools acquired in
the training program
Who Should Attend?
This course is intended for a business owner, manager or employee with responsibility for implementing safety initiatives. This course is recommended for new and experienced safety, health and compliance professionals, as well as human resources managers, plant managers, and safety committee members.
A Participant Guide containing reference materials, case studies, and check lists is provided for each attendee. Participants will earn .6 CEUs from the Florida Chamber Safety Council.