Diego A. Sanchez, CSP, ASP, OHST, CHST
Florida Chamber Safety Council
Diego Sanchez is an Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) professional with more than 15 years of experience in safety management and training, conducting trainings in English and Spanish.
In his role at the Florida Chamber Safety Council, Diego works closely with the President of Safety Services and the Safety Council Statewide Leadership Advisory Board to implement the vision and strategy for the Council – serving as curriculum developer and lead trainer for the Council’s public and private trainings, and customized safety services.
Prior to joining the Florida Chamber Safety Council, Diego oversaw health, safety and training programs for a major construction firm in Central Florida. Diego has management experience at the corporate and operational levels in various industries including construction and oil and gas. He has served as a safety consultant for numerous municipalities in Florida, providing comprehensive training services for city and county utility authorities, environmental services and water/wastewater departments.
A dynamic trainer, Diego has consulted, designed and implemented safety programs for businesses across Florida and throughout the United States. His approach to creating evidence- based safety environments has led to culture change that recognizes safety and health as a core business value.
Diego’s EHS career began during his service in the United States Army; developing and assessing safety policies and procedures for equipment maintenance and military operations. He holds a B.S. in Occupational Safety and Health from Columbia Southern University and is certified as a Six Sigma Green Belt. He has earned multiple certifications from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals and is an OSHA authorized outreach instructor for both general industry and construction.
Continuing Education Accomplishments:
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- Associate Safety Professional (ASP), Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- Construction Health & Safety Technician (CHST), Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- Occupational Hygiene & Safety Technician (OHST), Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
- Lean Concept Certified (Green Belt), City of Gainesville, Florida
- National Traffic Incident Management, National Traffic Incident Management Center
- Advanced Safety Management, Georgia Institute of Technology
- NIMS ICS All-Hazards Safety Officer, FEMA – National Incident Management System
- OSHA 10 & 30 Hr. General Industry (Authorized Outreach Instructor), Georgia Institute of Technology
- OSHA 10 & 30 Hr. Construction (Authorized Outreach Instructor), Georgia Institute of Technology
- OSHA’s Guide to Industrial Hygiene, Georgia Institute of Technology
- Florida DOT Temporary Traffic Control (MOT) (Advanced), University of Florida T2 Center
- Incident & Accident Investigation, Rocky Mountain Education Center
- Professional Workforce Communication & Training Development, Northern Industrial Training, LLC
- First Aid, CPR & AED Instructor Trainer, Health & Safety Institute (HSI)